Sting reopens Bataclan but EODM frontman is refused entry since ‘not welcome’
On November 13th, exactly one year ago, IS terrorists invaded the Bataclan Theatre in Paris killing 89 people that were attending a concert by Eagles of Death Metal. The club remained closed since then, and reopening came on Saturday night with Sting’s concert.
Unexpectedly, Eagles of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes was turned away from Sting’s concert at the Bataclan in Paris, according to the venue’s management, who said he was “not welcome”.
The band has nothing to do with terrorism and the attack that damned day of November last year came as a bit of a shock to them too. It seems that the band was refused entry by staff after they had suggested that muslim staff at the venue had been responsible for what happened. The Bataclan director reportedly said “there are things you cannot forgive”.
Prior to the show, Sting posted on his Facebook page: “In re-opening the Bataclan, we have two important tasks to reconcile. First, to remember and honour those who lost their lives in the attack a year ago, and second to celebrate the life and the music that this historic theatre represents. In doing so we hope to respect the memory as well as the life affirming spirit of those who fell. We shall not forget them.”