Tom Petty died from accidental drug overdose

On October 2nd, 2017, American musician, singer, songwriter, multi instrumentalist and record producer Tom Petty was found unconscious at his home not breathing and in full cardiac arrest. Now his family reveals that he died from an accidental drug overdose.

In a statement shared on Saturday (Jan. 20) on his official Facebook page, Petty’s widow Dana and daughter Adria revealed the results of a coroner’s report into his death.

“Unfortunately Tom’s body suffered from many serious ailments including emphysema, knee problems and most significantly a fractured hip,” their statement begins.

“Despite this painful injury he insisted on keeping his commitment to his fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip and, as he did, it worsened to a more serious injury.”

“On the day he died he was informed his hip had graduated to a full on break and it is our feeling that the pain was simply unbearable and was the cause for his over use of medication.”

So Petty’s death seems to be the consequence of an “unfortunate accident”, as the statement underlines.

in: News
January 22, 2018
di Fabiana